ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Can Title Teach Work with Student on an IEP?
View Single Post

luvtulearn

Old 01-29-2017, 02:39 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

To my knowledge their is no law, but I was directed that during rti or pull out I work with the students that have not been identified yet. ( except speech and students on 504 plans) We also have an enormous population that is considered at risk (two or more standard deviations below grade level) and I am already stretched very thin. There is one circumstance that does warrant my services and that is when I go into the 4th grade classroom that houses the tier 2 and 3 students for intervention. The resource teacher is unable to pull 2 behavior students with the other 4th graders during this time slot. I have created a file on these 2 students and will do a fluency and sight word test on them but I will not do a
running record or any other type of extensive assessment because there are currently 28 students in that tier classroom with 2 teachers so time is of the essence.

P.S. At all the other elementary sites in our district, however, the Title one teacher works with the resource teacher and all of their aides. They pull students out and work together depending on need and grade level.
luvtulearn is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net