ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Modifications Help
View Single Post

MissESL

Modifications Help
Old 11-06-2020, 04:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am a middle school EL teacher, but my SPED neighbor and I are usually working to be on the same page so that it is easier for teachers to make modifications and accommodations for our students as a whole. Not to mention, a good number of our kids overlap.

We are stumped by this one, though. We have to a subject area teacher using a new curriculum that she and the other middle school science teachers got to choose. This new curriculum was a result of ISA results (science standardized test in Illinois).

It is a good, high level curriculum that promotes higher order thinking, teaches by exploration, and also works with academic skills like annotations. There are simulations in place of labs, which is actually helpful during this remote/hybrid time.

However, there is no way to modify tests or activities within the program. The computer can read it to them, but there is no way to eliminate answers or change any of the test. This teacher told us we could tell students one answer that is wrong. I’m not sure how I feel about that, but it doesn’t seem like the right thing to do.

I’m not upset about her approach, more puzzled and wondering if there is a better way? Thanks for your thoughts!

MissESL is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net