ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Hallway behavior!!
View Single Post

Socks

Strikes
Old 08-30-2006, 05:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I have a whole class behavior incentive called Behavior Bingo, but this would work with any whole class incentive. My rules for the hallway are as follows:
Eyes forward
Hands behind your back
Lips closed
Do not touch the walls
Every time a child breaks a rule, the class gets a strike. If they don't get any strikes, they earn two bingo chips. If they get 1-4 strikes, they only get one bingo chip. If they get 5 or 6 strikes, they don't earn any bingo chips. Finally they lose a bingo chip for every strike they get after six. It seems like a lot of strikes, but I'm super hard on them. All it takes is one child to do it wrong and they get a strike. They really want the prize for having ten bingo spaces full in a row (wear slippers to school one day!) They also earn one extra bingo chip for every compliment that they receive from an adult. Last year I had a great class but their hallway behavior was terrible. Once I started this, it got so much better! I have a tough class this year, but they always get compliments in the hallway now. It's not as perfect as I want it to be yet, but it's getting there. Good luck!

Socks is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net