ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Pine Tree / Outdoor Theme
View Single Post

ZacMan's Mom

Old 06-24-2007, 03:52 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Thanks SO much! That large pine tree is just what I was looking for! I'm really torn on how to do this room - I have already purchased the Artic North Woods set(s) and several extras, so I'm financially committed to going on with that theme. I have tan carpet, cream walls, and the room I will be in has brown trim. I love the camping theme, and plan to cut out tagboard lanterns, hang fishing bobbers from the ceiling, and I have a 5 ft tall bookshelf in the shape of a boat that I'm going to use. My problem is that all of this is 'outdoor' material, and I really like the idea of having a lodge-feel, with windows, fireplace (for reading) etc. Does anyone have any ideas on how I can make it feel like indoor AND outdoor, without being over the top? I thought about having the area where the students desks are as 'inside', and my centers 'outside', but I'm not sure how to 'separate' the two. Any ideas would be welcome, as would any ideas for center names. I'm trying to use frog/bug counters for my math center, but am open to all ideas!
ZacMan's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net