ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Do you use one line or two??
View Single Post

JulieP

What I have done
Old 03-19-2008, 06:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #9

I had a class one year that had to have 2 lines and they had a set spot in line. They even sat at the lunch table in their line.
Another thing I would do was boys line up in one line, girls in another. Both lines are by the door. Then they would merge. If it was the girls' week, a girl would start it off. She would go out the door then the first boy would go out the door, and on and on. When we made it all out into the hall I would pretty much have a girl boy line. They LOVED doing the merge. Restroom breaks would be a girl line and a boy line so that I could let the right number go in at a time. Then they got a kick out of merging and watcfhing the two lines weave together if they were at the back of their gender line.
We've also lined up alphabetically, by the number of letters in our name, by answering a simple math question, you name it. I also used a line leader and a caboose. Caboose was the cool job because you were also the keeper of the keys and got to lock the door when you made sure everyone else was out.
JulieP is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net