ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - DOT Binder
Thread: DOT Binder
View Single Post

luvtoread25

DOT Binder
Old 07-16-2012, 11:49 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I have been reading several posts about organizational binders. I have decided to use one this year. I just went and bought binders and some pencil pouches. Walmart did not have enough in stock! Some of the things I am thinking of putting into the binder include a class list, daily schedule, do's and don'ts for the binder, discipline plan (explanation of clip chart), some type of parent/teacher communication form, some general information about the classroom. I am also going to try a monthly newsletter.
A few questions for those of you who have used these binders before. Did you like using them? Did they help increase communication with parents? Were they worth your time? What else did you include that was helpful to you, the student, and/or the parents? Any helpful suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
I am very excited to try this! I also want to thank a special PTer who PM'd me and got me really thinking about this! I hope it is as successful in my school as what it seems to be in her's. I am hoping if things go well, this becomes a school wide endeavor!

luvtoread25 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net