ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - DOT Binder
Thread: DOT Binder
View Single Post

stressgirl37

binder
Old 07-19-2012, 11:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I use a binder and really like it and parents do too. Mine are called FROG binders (First graders, Responsible, Organized, and Growing). Inside I include (in page protectors)the sight words (one trimester's at a time), a math page that has things like a 100 chart, coins, an alphabet page with lower and upper case, rules and uses of the binder that parents and students must sign. When I start fluency, there is a space for their passage of the week as well as their spelling list.

I get binders from Cosctco,as they hold up better. They have front and back pockets. Front is always for homework and anything else important going to or from school. The back is for things that stay at home.

Last, we use an agenda (planner) that fits in the 3 rings of the binder. We write down homework and important things each day and parents are supposed to sign when their child's reading at home is completed each day. There is also a space for notes and I use this a lot for quick notes to parents and they do same as well.

Most kids will keep their binder all year long.
stressgirl37 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net