ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Are parents giving up?
View Single Post

SDT

Old 10-21-2020, 01:58 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

This happened to us just before we came back face-to-face. Everyone is so tired of virtual learning! It was worse than the last week of school every year. Everybody knew it counted, but they just couldnít seem to make themselves care. They were all focused on the first day back.

Mhugs had good advice for you. If you can inject some novelty or fun into your last virtual lessons, that might help. Frankly, I just couldnít. Like everyone else, I had hit survival mode. I literally said to parents and students, ď Come on guys. We just have to get through a couple of more days. Just hang in there a little bit longer!Ē My class is a very different kind of class, but I know the regular Ed teachers try to give short assignments and just asked the kids to give them something they could grade. We all acknowledged how difficult it was for the kids.

Iím just holding out hope that we donít have to go remote again. I actually think teaching virtually could be a lot of fun with families who choose that and who are well-suited for that. Virtual teaching in our current situation has been a complete nightmare!

I hope your 13 days pass quickly!
SDT is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net