ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Beach Theme ideas needed
View Single Post

starsprinkler

beach themed room
Old 07-14-2008, 05:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #35

I am teaching Kindergarten for the first time this year. I love a lot of the ideas I have been reading. I am also doing the beach theme. Here are some of the ideas I am using.
Whale of a Job -I have whales with names of students on them. The water spout has the name of a job. A velcro dot allows me to rotate the jobs.
I used my Printmaster and made sandcastle nametags for my students tables.
For a word wall, I have made an ocean floor scene with schools of fish, various sea life, a mermaid, and a wrecked ship. The bubbles from the fish etc, are where you will find the words. Haven't figured out a title yet. Any ideas?
I made a large beach umbrella. Each stripe on the umbrella is used to display a class rule.
Behavior chart - I used sticky pockets and placed a cartoon animal character by each one. Each pocket has 3 brightly colored surf boards with the individual child's name per pocket. All are laminated. Children loose a surf board with a bad choice or gain it back with a good choice.
I have been dabbling with a I Can Clam idea It could be used to reward a child for good behaviors ( catch being good) or to reward learning new things like being able to tye shoes etc. What do you think?

I love clearance areas in stores! Toys R Us had large sand pails for 99 cents. Great for storage. They had chairs on sale. I bought two wicker chairs for around $30.
Thanks for sharing with me. I love the hanging schools of fish idea.
starsprinkler is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net