ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - class won't clean up
View Single Post

UVAgrl928

Old 03-27-2019, 06:24 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #10

Ok, I knew I had read one of your previous posts, but I just went back to skim and noticed this has been going on for years for you. I noticed you said you’ve had the same problem at 4 different schools- sorry to be blunt, but obviously you need support with behavior management. What trainings have you attended to fix this problems? What are you doing to fix it? Personally, a lot of the ideas you listed in your posts (such as callbacks), are extremely cheesy to me- I wouldn’t do them with 3rd grade, and I can see why middle school would basically laugh in your face at them.

I hate to say it, but you’ve become “that” teacher. The one that has a complaint everytime you come to pick up your class, and teachers are going to just tune you out. 27 parent phone calls before break? Excessive. You allowing the kids to leave without cleaning up after themselves? Not ok! My recess is at the end of the day- we don’t leave the room until everything is clean. If we waste half our recess time, so be it- I am not their maid, I’m not their mama lol. Like others have said, minimize supplies. Begin clean up far before time is up. Door should be shut and locked for safety- you stand at that door. Their teacher does not come into the room, nor do they leave the room until it is clean. Just my two cents- they are being super disrespectful, and you’re allowing it to continue.

UVAgrl928 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net