ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - class won't clean up
View Single Post

Tawaki

About waiting it out..
Old 03-30-2019, 07:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #16

I think Kushkumen has burned all the goodwill of these homeroom teachers, and probably would a huge push back on the homeroom teacher "waiting". What happens is the homeroom teacher cracks the whip, and undermines the Specials teacher with a comment or a look.

The homeroom teacher has stuff to do. Where I worked, Specials were never allowed to hold kids back for behavior issues EVER. It's also April. I've had some kids mutiny, but never a whole class.

Personally, if it takes 30 minutes for the Cherubs to un-destroy the room, then it's 30 minutes for them to pick up. I have had to cut things short because some classes decided to get an wild hair up their collective behinds. It was never the wholesale screw you Kushkummen is getting consistently

April is save yourself mode. Especially if I wasn't planning on coming back.

I had a latch key supervisor who had a similar issue. The kids flat out ignored her. It was stunning. She was a very lovely person. She'd take the kids into the gym, and it was a dumpster fire. No amount of home office visits and added support ever turned it around. And I couldn't even tell you what she was doing wrong. I'm sure someone studying crowd/large group psychology could pick it apart.
Tawaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net