ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What reward system works good for you if any?
View Single Post

maps

I agree with
Old 07-15-2012, 06:35 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

sonjateacher.. I can't keep up with rewards, stickers etc. and any type of paper rewards. I do a couple of things. For the whole class I write the word GAME on the board every morning and at the end of most days we play four corners for the reward. If during the day it gets too noisy I will erase a letter. If there is at least one letter left we play the game if there aren't an letters left on the board at the end of the day there isn't a game and we put our heads down instead. If you are consistent the kids learn that if they want a game they need to stay on task and first graders love to play a game!

For individuals ; I have a time out book(has a cover and is closed so no one coming into the room can see who has signed the book), inside there are three columns, the first column is green and I have their name already in there (ready to go and learn), 2nd column is yellow (warning.. slow down and think about your choices) , 3rd column red (there will be a consequence). Everyday we start a new day and their name is in green, if they break a rule they sign their name in the yellow column ( warning), if a rule is broken again they sign their name in red column ( no game). So, when we have the game at the end of the day I always pick up the time-out book and check for names. After awhile the kids start taking responsibility for their mistakes and they automatically put their heads down while the rest of the class plays the game. Being consistent this works very well and by the first of the year the time-out book is hardly written in. Also, the kids sign the book so it is a great tool to use for parent conferences.
Also, we call Fridays.... "Fun-Fantastic Fridays". If your work for the week is completed with quality and your not in the time -out book then I give them about 45 minutes free choice time. Over the years I have bought some really cool things for them to play with to make it more enticing to get their work done.

maps is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net