ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Collecting Supplies
View Single Post

abcgail123

This is how I do it:
Old 07-15-2012, 05:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

I know this might not be the most organized, but it seems to work better than anything else I've tried. I have 2 storage boxes, one for boys and one for girls. On the first day, I give each student a large ziplock bag with their name written on it. After students take out the supplies they need to keep in their zipper pouch that goes in their binder, they put the remaining supplies in their ziplock bag. They put the ziplock bag in the appropriate box and it is there when they need to replenish their zipper pouch. Last year was the first time I tried this and it worked very well. The students didn't have to ask where such and such was, they just went to the boy or girl box, found their bag, and got out what was needed. I always send home a letter at the beginning of the 2nd semester asking parents to replenish supplies for their child's bag.
I might add that I teach 5th grade, so my students are independent enough to go to the supply boxes themselves. That might make a difference for the younger students.
abcgail123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net