ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Formal Observation - Area lesson
View Single Post

MsMonkey

Thank you!
Old 02-08-2013, 12:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #7

I just wanted to thank all of you who took the time to give me some feedback. You really helped me chill out and think through my lesson clearly. In the end, it went wonderfully! My principal was so engaged in it himself that he forgot to check off stuff on his list, but had a whole page of notes full of ideas and things he liked about the lesson. Positive feedback of that nature is not easy to get out of him, so it really feels good to have gotten some. I so appreciate that you helped me get it together!

Also, I am definitely going to try the area and perimeter of spelling words for word study next week. I think it will be a great way for the kids to review before they take their test next week.

I also saw on pinterest how a teacher had students create their own names on graph paper and then find the area and perimeter of each letter. The names looked cool and I think the kids would have fun with that. Also, my principal mentioned an activity he used to do with his kids. He said he would have them lie down on butcher paper and trace someone's body, then he would tell them to find the area of that silhoutte. The kids would have to figure out how to do that and would eventually (maybe with guiding) end up drawing a grid on the page to figure it out. I thought that sounded pretty cool too.
MsMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net