ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - hard being a teacher and a parent!
View Single Post
iLovett

iLovett

my baby
Old 10-18-2013, 04:27 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #17

My daughter was offered a chance to move to fIrst. I decided not to with the help of PT. My kid is reading 3.5 level books and is writing well. She is doing what everyone else is doing in class for now with no extra for the trains stated above: training needs gelling before the individuals get time. Plus my daughter needs lots of Sutton. She loves school. I am doing what Good Luck suggested. We are reading and writing about dinosaurs at home . I got the think big science game and we learned some history songs for home. She writes in a little journal all the time. She is happy happy happy. I am so glad I left her in K. I am glad her first year is singing, reinforcement, making friends, being happy and not stressing. She is a perfectionist that hates not getting things perfect. She actually colored outside the lines on accident tonight while coloring, looked at me and said " My teacher said it's okay to get outside the lines sometimes because no one is perfect and we all make mistakes. " MY baby who would have lamented on how beautiful it WOULD have been if only blah blah blah and run off crying just three months ago said THAT.

I am so thankful for kindergarten teachers. And since my daughter's teacher is a goddess in her eyes, her input and can guidance is shaping my daughter and her self image. I don't know how many times I told her she didn't need to be perfect, but her teacher told her so it really must be true.

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net