ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Any O.G. users....
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 06-26-2019, 10:00 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #8

I use parts of it as I only got part of the training. My sped director in my first district went to the real thing and then tried to teach it to us. God knows what I missed as she was pretty much an idiot . I'd love to do the real thing but am not willing to spend the money on my own.

I still do the three part drill with a lot of groups. I organize the cards similar to how WG described. The cafeteria style trays for the sand were way too big for my space and waste a lot of sand, IMO. I use paper plates for the sand- the square kind with the big edges. One bag will cover about 5-6 plates. I just keep the plates stacked on top of teach other- this year I started storing them in a drawer so that I didn't have to worry about kids walking by and touching them or their safety in the event of a violent outburst . In 9 years of teaching, only one plate has been dropped!

I also quit using the blending board after awhile. It's much faster to just put the cards out in front of me on the table, and the kids can see them just as well. I could see how if you're doing it whole class you'd need the board. I start putting the cards down in order for blending while I'm doing the first part, again to save time during the lesson. So I'll have them do c, put at the beginning, say the next one is a, put that one in the middle pile, etc.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net