ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - For all of you using chart folders.......
View Single Post

bookhound

For all of you using chart folders.......
Old 09-17-2011, 04:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Teacher Tipster's idea ( Thank you, T. Tipster, love your ideas)--

PT teachers, what kind of papers/charts have you added to your folders?

I have found myself formulating ideas as the year goes on, so I thought I'd start a thread for all to as a resource. With all of your
beneficial and creative ideas, it should keep busy little hands and minds occupied in a positive way without using tons of paper for short periods of time. I like to revolve some items. Some are standard and stay all of the time...hundreds chart, writing lines
(T.Tipster)

I just added:
1)word families
2)a sheet from "What Do I Do When I'm Done"
Individ. balloon letters--make these letters into "things" that begin with the above letters.
3) Bucket Filler slips in back cover pocket ready to put into
other students' buckets -
4) Missing numbers in a series
5) A board with squares...eg. Seven squares on one page--Students
either place one Unifix cube or an "X" on one square thus making 1+6=7 (Options--ways to make 5, 6, 8, .....)
This one happens to be different ways to make the sum of seven.

When an adult comes into the room to speak to me in the middle of a lesson, the students often take these out for their "vacations."
It also gives the Bucket Fillers a time to recall a good deed and begin to get it down on paper.

I hope that this will give someone a few ideas for the beginning of the year --they are working for me at this time.

I can't wait to hear others' ideas!

bookhound is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net