ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Advice needed - extreme behavior student moving to my room
View Single Post

sevenplus

Old 08-08-2013, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #4

Document everything. If he has frequent misbehaviors, you can create a chart and use tally marks. Or wear a piece of masking tape on your wrist (doubled over to make a "bracelet" so the sticky part is not on your skin) and simply tally redirections or whatever you are tracking. Write everything down every day. Write down what happened, your response, and his response.

Document every communication with parents. Make copies of written notes. Either type them and save a copy or handwrite them and have someone make a quick copy of anything you send home. Recently I got some of the old carbon paper so I could make a copy that way since it was sometimes difficult to get a photocopy at the end of the day.

Involve support staff immediately (counselor, etc.) and document every conversation you have with them.

All of this information will expedite any process involved with getting more help for him.

Do whatever you can to build a positive relationship with this student. Do not react emotionally to his misbehaviors.
sevenplus is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net