ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Am I crazy?
Thread: Am I crazy?
View Single Post

Lanieob

Am I crazy?
Old 01-19-2014, 08:08 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Am I crazy??? And if so, how can I learn to keep my mouth shut? Some advice, please. I am sure there are other K teachers out there extremely bothered by what has happened to kindergarten these days. I teach half day K, and of course, we rush, rush, rush. This week, we had a reading expert in to analyze our mid year Dibels results. We were told we have to get our scores up by the end of the year. Also, that we need to take away recess, gym and make more time for academics. We base all our intervention on Dibels results, and classroom teachers need to provide tier 2 intervention to kids not up to benchmark, every day. That means I really will not be seeing any other of my students in small group. Of course, I gave my take on keeping the developmental piece in kindergarten, etc. I think certain administrators did not like it. The worst was that some that work with kindergarteners seemed to be buying into this. I know there are many K teachers who have it a lot worse than I do. I make great money, good benefits- how do you all handle this?

Lanieob is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net