ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Grrr! Get your heads our of your....
View Single Post

Truman'sMom

Grrr! Get your heads our of your....
Old 02-16-2014, 07:41 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

So we just got a survey from our union.

The corp is asking input on how to make up 1 freakin' snow day. ONE!

Our options are to go past Memorial Day, go on a Saturday, add an hour before for 6 days, add an hour after for 6 days, or add 1/2 before and 1/2 hour after for 6 days.

I teach 1st. I have a baby who NEVER sleeps. Adding hours to the day would be awful. Day care isn't going to open early for me for 6 days so I can get in to work on time. We only have a 1/2 hour prep as it is...and now we need to prep for an extra hour????? Plus, my firsties are done by 2 anyway...going until 3:30 would be like pulling teeth from an alligator!

A Saturday would kill me! It is really the only day that I can relax a bit and try to nap while the kid naps. And what about child care for those of us with small children. Our day care is closed on the weekends. Who is going to watch my kid because the corporation wants to make sure we're done before Memorial Day?

Here's the icing on the cake: we are off of school tomorrow. It was supposed to be a snow make up day. They decided not to use it as such. Now they want to know how to make up one extra day! Seriously?????

To me, the only option is to go one extra day past Memorial Day. Something tells me all of the high school teachers and those without young families will disagree.

This is the first time I've been angry about my job all year!

Truman'sMom is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net