ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Why has so many people gone crazy?
View Single Post

TeechNKidz

On Board Too
Old 02-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I hate the Common Core! There I said it. I agree with the things the pps have said.

But also,
1. Testing - It was bad enough to have a big test at the end of the year, but now that is all I am doing! Pretests, Posttests, formative, summative, soon PARCC...when do they actual learn anything?
2. There is a commercial that shows all of these wonderful products that were created in garages. Was this because these people took tests in elementary school? NO, because they were doing something that they loved. How do students get exposed to anything besides the standards and learn to love science, math, etc.?
3. Has all brain research been forgotten? Many of these tasks are so developmentally advanced for students, they are just frustrated. The higher students have even had enough.
4. The lie that this is delving deeper into fewer topics. I am teaching everything I used to, plus more, at a higher level.

Yes, there are a few good points. The biggest being that each grade level is learning the same topics. But this is a weak positive considering all of the negatives.
TeechNKidz is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net