ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Why has so many people gone crazy?
View Single Post

Karyn3rd

allier
Old 02-27-2014, 08:21 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #18

Hi Allier,

My school is far from perfect but I will say we've set up a few things to make this transition easier. We've had very consistent and thorough training in the CCSS for the past three years at the state, district, and school level. The teachers in our building understand what the standards require and utilize the vetted materials we have access to via our district and state. We have several state level trainers who are also teachers at our school. These teachers have been able to mentor, model, and provide direct support to our staff. We also have embraced a school wide approach to intervention. Every teacher in our building, including special area teachers receives ongoing training in reading and math interventions, and provide intervention to students during our school wide intervention time. I think in order for this transition to be successful teachers must have a strong understanding of the standards, time to collaborate, quality training, access to vetted materials, and consistent, ongoing support. Without those key elements to transition will seem disjointed and overwhelming.
Karyn3rd is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net