ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Pbis
Thread: Pbis
View Single Post

Tiki

Pbis
Old 03-06-2014, 05:10 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

We are in our 4th year with PBIS and I think I have finally figured it out how to survive with the PBIS police.
1. - Don't write any IRFs! I have written maybe 2 all year for other teachers's students and only after they asked me to. I write none for my students - no matter what they do.
2. I have a very PBIS looking "reward" chart front and center on my board and posters with PBIS rules and procedures hanging around the room.
3. The "real" rules and procedures in my room are based on Whole Brain Teaching. When students have difficulty with following a rule they do practice during their recess time and take a note home.

My class is far more under control than I have had in 2 years and I don't have my principal asking me, "Are YOU being positive enough?" I do feel for the teachers across the hall who have written the IRFs and are now being forced to pass out tootsie rolls and gumdrops to their students when they write their names on their papers or some other ridiculous thing. I don't understand the reward the naughtiest at all, but as long as I don't point out who is naughty in my room I don't have to give them more rewards. I wish I had figured out not to write the IRFs 2 years ago. I couldn't have saved myself tons of time.

Tiki is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net