ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Are you a spy for the principal?
View Single Post

cruxian

Old 05-16-2014, 06:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

I understand what you're saying. I'm not usually one to report to the principal or rat people out.
Having said that, nor will I keep things a secret if I feel like things are not being done in the best interest of children.
We have had (sporadically) teachers who were just bat-sh*t crazy. Kid you not. By no standard are these people who deserve to be left alone unsupervised with children. Or hamsters. Side note: I know that many teachers are great, good, or can improve with support but quite frankly there are some teachers who aren't good and won't follow suggestions to improve.
I will not run to the Prince to tell on them but will mention something if I'm a direct witness and see it as an area of concern. As an example, I imagine librarians in elementary schools want to share their love of books, literature and research with the kids. Not so ours this year. He showed videos everyday unrelated to the curriculum that contained content that (even in my liberal opinion) was not appropriate for kids (like mentions of masturbation and stopping to discuss the meaning of unfamiliar word using context clues---the word was whiskey). I teach elementary school, that's not okay. Could he have considered me a spy because I mentioned it to the principal?
Sure. Am I? Maybe.
I'm sure that's not the case for you but it's a case for why people say things to the principal.

cruxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net