ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Virtual Meetings
View Single Post

Haley23

Old 11-18-2020, 06:30 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

Another vote for it depends. If it's a big staff meeting or PD where the content mostly doesn't apply to me, I'm definitely multitasking. A small group meeting where I'm supposed to be engaged and giving input, nope.

Under most circumstances, I wouldn't in an IEP meeting because I don't want to look rude in front of the parent, even though there are long sections where perhaps another provider is talking and it's information I'm already familiar with. There is one exception. We have this stupid rule that SLPs can't do meetings by themselves. So for all of our speech only kids, our SLP needs me or the psych to go and sign the "director designee" line.

I don't know the kid, I have nothing to do with the IEP, and I have nothing to share. My purpose is to fulfill a legal requirement (at least the way my district has chosen to interpret it) and sign. In those cases, I introduce myself to the parent, explain that I don't work with their child and am just there for "paperwork reasons," and say something like, "I'm going to go ahead and mute and turn my camera off, and let (SLP) take it from here." Then I get work done and half listen in case there is some off chance I am needed for something.
Haley23 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net