ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Twas the end fo the quarter...
View Single Post

Ima Teacher

Old 01-20-2021, 10:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

We are a third of the way through the third quarter, and I have some kids who havenít done one single thing in any class all year. Parents have stopped answering emails, texts, and phone calls. Kids arenít even logging into Chromebooks or are just playing games & watching YouTube. The principals and some teachers have even done home visits. Still nothing.

Then I have the scramblers who donít do anything until the last week, then email to complain about how they canít get all the work done in a week.

We have been hybrid 8 days all year. Some of the in-person kids arenít even showing up.

DHís school is virtual until vaccinations are complete, and he teaches online all day. Some of his kids arenít showing up for class or log in and turn off their camera & microphone, then do other things and donít even pay attention.

I got snippy with one today. She has sent me a dozen messages asking for her login for one program. We have used it once a week since August. Her login works. Iíve used it myself. Today I finally told her that I was not sending the information again. She has to look back at the instructions I sent.
Ima Teacher is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net