ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Creative Behavior Management Ideas
View Single Post

Happy Knitter

Why?
Old 07-18-2011, 06:26 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

Please do not take this as me being critical because I'm not at all!! I'm just trying to give you some questions to reflect on. You don't even need to answer or reply.

1. If you had a good, solid system last year, why do you want something so drastically different this year? For me, I always tweak the things that worked well to make them even better, and then I spend my energy on totally revamping those areas that really need it. In fact, I try to pick only one or two things to really overhaul. I find if I try to start from scratch on everything, I do nothing well. When I choose one or two things to focus on, I can make huge improvements in those areas.

2. Why do you want to get away from the "typical" approaches? There's nothing wrong with a classroom economy. They can be very effective. (I do not use the economy approach, by the way). There's nothing wrong with wanting to do something different, but make sure you understand and can explain your rationale (not to me). There should be a solid reason why we do the things we do and make the decisions we make.

Good luck to you! I hope you have a wonderful year two. (By the way, I use a mix of different approaches. Win-Win discipline is a book I read last summer that really fits my philosophy, so I took a lot of things from it. I also use a lot of Whole Brain Teaching strategies.)
Happy Knitter is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net