ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Not doing Valentines
View Single Post

Kinderkr4zy

Old 02-13-2020, 08:09 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #12

MissAgnes-I am in the same boat.

I posted to my Bloomz a month ago that we wouldnt be exchanging valentines or having a party since we are not in school that day and the day before we have an assembly and other disruptions to the regular schedule that make it unfeasible.

You would have thought that I said I was going to EAT A BABY.

Some parents sent them anyway. I told those kids they could hand them out at dismissal but we didnt have bag or anything and we didnt have class time for it.

I brought in a treat for the kids, I gave everyone a card and a smencil, and we read Arthurs Valentine. Then every student stood up and said a few kind words to someone in class that has been helpful to them. Thats it-its all I had time for. If you dont like it then I dont know to tell you. I had an hour long assembly, I had to double up my class with another teacher so she could go to a math meeting, then I had to send her kids back to her along with mine for a last minute IEP meeting. A party would have been impossible-I dont regret my choice.

I say -do what you need to do and ignore the whining. You are never going to mkae everyone happy. Jesus didnt even make everyone happy-how could you expect to. We are all doing the best we can for the kids and that is all we can expect anyone to do.
Kinderkr4zy is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net