ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Everyday math/differentiation
View Single Post

LuvAGoodBook

some ideas
Old 09-23-2010, 05:25 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

One thing you group your children within your own class. You can have your high children stay for Math message and follow ups. Then when it comes to the journal pages tell them to do them on their own for the lesson. If they do not get it and are unsure then come back to the lesson and follow along with you. If they are totally comfortable and finish the journal pages they move on to the enrichment pages.

The children who are really low can work with you during small group and also use the remedial pages.

I also try to do a "flex day" every Friday. On this day my children are in all different groups. three or four. I have one group doing remedial work with me (either readiness pages or pre-teaching something that is coming up or doing a game together). The other children are doing enrichment pages, checking boxes, playing a game for reinforcement.

I find that EDM is A LOT of work to get through in one lesson that I rarely get to all of it and love having that one day to do more practice and catch up.

One way you can decide who your high kids are (the ones that don't sit with you for the lesson but do it independently and go on to enrichment pages) is give them a pre-test before the unit begins. The ones that know the majority of it can go on, or u can choose students based on each lesson and if they already knew it on the pretest they can do the enrichment pages during your lesson.

Not sure if I confused you anymore. Does that help a little?
LuvAGoodBook is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net