ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - 3 plus years of sick pay was just a little more than one days worth of regular pay
View Single Post

Bobbies

You guys have it great out there
Old 04-25-2020, 04:40 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #14

I would say that everybody here who gets sick pay, and has a sub coeordinate or, and has a Union that cares about them, or even has a Union should think the sweet red blood of Jesus. I unfortunately live in Texas. We have none of those things. The good news is for those of us in Texas, all you need is a high school diploma to become a substitute teacher generally. If you have more than 60 hours you get paid more, it's only $10 Per day though. I consider myself relatively lucky, sense they raised our rate of pay when we went back this year in 2020, but that didn't last long since they closed our schools 2 months later. Some substitutes make under $50 A-day here period of course, we get no benefits at all, we are not recognized by any unions, we have no substitute coeordinate or, and of course we have no sick days. Our unemployment situation is a nightmare. I could not even get on their website for the 1st whole month because it was over whelmed. Even today call my April 25th you cannot get A-line that is not busy or that does not hang up on you I mediately after you dourlet due to the sheer volume of calls the Texas workforce commission has been receiving. As a result, there are so many people who are very desperate right now and there are lines that have been forming in our large cities like Houston San Antonio and Dallas begging for food because their checks have not arrived, and in most cases there Have not even been able to submit a claim to begin with. Nobody I know has received their stimulus check either. By the way, I am talking into my phone so if some of my words and grammar appear incorrect it is because of Google as I did not feel like spending 40 minutes to type this out. As I am right now on hold with the Texas workforce commission once again.
Bobbies is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net