ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Going Back?
Thread: Going Back?
View Single Post

YayaSub

Here we go
Old 08-14-2020, 03:37 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #29

With two weeks of school behind us, positive cases are popping up (as we knew they would). This morning a MS teacher was in the parking lot on the phone with our "Covid Hotline" to see if she could enter the building after just then learning she may be considered exposed. She was told to go home, and now a sub is needed through the end of next week. Most of our buildings have a case or two now. The ripple effect of the contact tracing is going to take out so many that I'm sure we will have to shut down soon.

I could have have been booked solid for at least the first three weeks if I wanted. I think for schools operating as mine, you will find plenty of work. Until they close schools again.

Regarding block schedules/free period, I don't mind the schedule except for waiting for the bathroom. Our free periods ("Academic Labs") are used well for extra help and the other things already mentioned. Juniors and seniors who meet certain criteria are allowed to "flex out" and leave for the day if they prefer.

Our HS teachers began buddying up on supervision. Each teacher would alternate taking both classes each time, leaving the other free of duty. They probably aren't doing that this year because of distancing requirements.
YayaSub is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net