ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Tutor or Sub
Thread: Tutor or Sub
View Single Post

knelson13

Tutor or Sub
Old 10-27-2020, 06:43 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I am 60 and in good health but I'm being very cautious of Covid. I found a family to tutor distance learning and they seemed very happy with my help. I have been working for them for 6 weeks. After our initial meeting, I did request that their 2 girls wear masks while tutoring (and I would do the same) since we were much less than 6 feet apart. It turned out that the family was not really following Covid Safety protocol as much as I thought. They attended large indoor events with no masks and didn't like wearing masks while I was there (but the girls did wear them). After one very large event that they attended in WI (which was a huge hotspot), I said I would be more comfortable taking a week off. Long story short, we weren't on the same Covid page so they want to take a break until after the holidays. I almost feel like I was fired although I know it's what's best.
At this point our elementary schools are hybrid with the secondary being all distance. No subs for secondary. How safe do those of you feel that are subbing right now? I don't know if it would be hard to jump in at this point or if I should just step back until this all gets better?

knelson13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net