ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - New to RC - need help with school-wide program
View Single Post

mobleya

I was waiting
Old 08-29-2010, 11:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

to see if anyone else responded to this first, since I'm still very green when it comes to RC. My thoughts on this are that even though you're taking away the prizes, posting the students' names is against the RC philosophy. However, since you're doing this school-wide, what if you put your time and energy into the teaching of RC? Could you find books that promote apology of action, using I messages to problem solve, etc? You could post artwork or film students acting out short skits that teach these concepts and good character traits??

Could you do something school-wide with hopes and dreams? It might be neat if all of the teachers displayed the students' hopes and dreams in a similar way. You and the principal can use this common language when talking to the students throughout the year and when students reach their goals and set new ones.

I'm sure those of you out there that are more seasoned teachers in RC have better ideas than this- these were just off the top of my head!

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net