ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What to say to other teachers?
View Single Post

rSquirrel

Old 09-15-2010, 02:35 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

Keep doing what you are doing!

It is so important to teach children to do things because it is the right thing to do. Not because you get something out of it. I am lucky to be in a school which is all Rc and the principal strongly promotes it. (even at our staff meetings we have greeting, sharing, activity and message )

Rewards get costly like you said and I think its doing a disservice to the kiddos (don't flame me people)

We want to be creating good citizens of our communities and you are doing just that! You are teaching them to be kind and respectful because its the right thing to do!

Keep at it!!

Last year we created an acts of kindness board. Wehn someone did something kind for you, you could write it on a sticky note and stick it on the board. Our goal was 100. We didn't get prizes or a party for it. :P I don't know if that is against RC or not.

Maybe you could tie it into recognition at an assembly? Or on the announcements in the morning? Just recognizing the kindergartens for working so hard on being kind and respectful citizens of the school?

I don't know!

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net