ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What does writing look like your room?
View Single Post

whatever

I struggle with this at this at times...
Old 06-12-2016, 07:55 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #3

They seem to need so much review, it seems difficult to move forward onto bigger and more complex tasks.

Then I overthink things... I think that if they complete the more difficult tasks with too much scaffolding and hand holding, did they really accomplish anything? Will they need this more difficult task in their real life if their own speech, language and vocab is somewhat (comparatively) limited?

So anyway, I tend to intermingle lots of review with new stuff with lots of prompts, modeling and scaffolding. I keep the new tasks in manageable chunks and try not to overwhelm them.

Quote:
I feel like I'll need to go lower and slower, while trying to hit the major points on my curriculum guidance document.
This is my take too. I try to hit the IEP goals and the essential elements of the grade level standards while staying nearer their level of understanding.

When possible, I try to use available tech so that their writing abilities can be measured separately from (less hampered by) their handwriting skills. It also seems to increase their motivation. They like being on the tablets and computers.
whatever is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net