ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - want to ditch clip chart though school wide expectation
View Single Post

twin2

Old 07-25-2018, 09:34 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #6

One of the things that bothers me is the school rule that all students who stay on green move up to blue. Sometimes those students may not have been asked to move down to yellow, but their behavior makes me feel like they also don't deserve to go to blue.

Another issue with that rule is keeping track of who actually stayed on green. At the end of the day, sometimes I can't remember if particular students had a color change, so I trust them to mark their agendas with what they really earn. Maybe this is okay. Maybe it's not. I feel like it teaches some to lie.

I don't like when students cry that they will get beat at home. Sometimes their color change doesn't warrant a spanking at home, and it certainly doesn't deserve being screamed at by the parents. I move kids back to green when I can, but sometimes the behavior happens at the end of the day. What happens in school that is not chronic or major is between me and my students and doesn't need to go home.
twin2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net