ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Fape
Thread: Fape
View Single Post

newbie17

Old 10-11-2018, 06:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #5

The behavioral classroom is their gen ed placement, since they qualify for special ed someone has to provide them their minutes. I'm the only sped teacher in the building with room on my caseload for any more students so I ended up with them. If our behavioral classroom teacher was sped certified she could keep them in there, but since she's not any time they spend with her is considered gen ed time. We've talked about it and I've asked if she's willing to get sped licensed and she said no way. There is absolutely no way I'd do the behavioral classroom, so we will just have to continue on the way it is.

It is getting a little better but we've still had some crazy days...One of these kids has had the school cop called on him twice since I wrote this post!! Luckily though everyone has been pretty calm in my room. I just hope it continues this way.

I have friends that teach sped in other districts and they are seeing the same things as me. What is happening to our children? Is it drugs? Lack of parenting? Both?! I don't know, but I do know based off the behavior I've seen in my school the future is looking a little scary. I truly never thought as a grown adult, in a position of authority, that I would have to be fearful of elementary school children. It's a sad state of affairs.

newbie17 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net