ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - The First Six Weeks
View Single Post

ILuvTeaching9

The First Six Weeks
Old 08-17-2011, 08:00 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

I read "Teaching Children to Care" and then bought "The First Six Weeks of School", which I am reading now. If any of you have seen my previous post, my grade will be departmentalized this year. Since this approach is something I am trying alone, I will only be implementing it with my homeroom. After looking at the schedules presented for my grade level, I have some concerns. The first is that I know my team will want to begin switching by the 3rd or 4th day of school. I cannot justify starting curriculum with my non-homeroom group while continuing with the plans laid out in the book with my homeroom. Is there any way to squeeze those first two weeks into two days? I doubt I'll win the battle if I ask that we postpone switching for a full week, let alone two. Also, I feel like I will be isolating my students from the other classes by forcing them to play class games at recess while the other classes have a free-for -all. I know it's for the best to help them bond as a group, but I don't want them to be resentful. Are any of you encountering these challenges as the only person at your school using RC? Any suggestions for how to deal with these concerns? Thanks!

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net