ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Thank you and update. Sorry, long.
View Single Post

kahluablast

Old 08-26-2019, 05:24 AM

Sorry Jazzer that you didn't get what you were looking for when you posted here. I watched in silence. Once again, this does happen to most of us at least once or twice because while we like to think it is a discussion, people jump based on what is written, or how it is written and then the whole band jumps on top.

While I don't think 51 is too old to find a new job, I do think that it can present barriers - based on the field, the situation in the specific location, and background of the person looking. I think we have all seen the news casts showing people in their 50's who get laid off and then can not find employment due to being "too experienced." I like to think though, that a person who really wants to work would be able to find something. Maybe not in a field they want or for the money they want, but that might just be a dream. First you have to find someone willing to talk to you.

I wish you luck, and that that luck comes soon. It does sound like your dh could pick up his uber driving if nothing else works out. Personally, that is what I would push. He thinks you are too old to find a job? Put that back on him. If he can make that kind of money driving, then the miles on the car are worth the issue of not having enough money to get by until the house sells.

I wouldn't take his crap. My dh is a pretty negative person, too, and believe me, I don't take his crap. Sometimes causes me a lot of stress, but not as much as if I try to shoulder that burdon.
kahluablast is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net