ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Thank you and update. Sorry, long.
View Single Post

amiga13

Old 08-26-2019, 06:46 AM

Here is my personal progression through this thread.

I started off sympathetic and wrote a kind post wishing you well.

Then I read that you and your husband choose not to work and have Medicaid. I wrote a very negative response stating my beliefs that work is what people do—not necessarily for fun—and Medicaid is for the needy.

You responded with explanations and corrections and justifications. You said your feelings are hurt.

I guarantee if you get a full-time job (like most Americans) you will have less time to post on a teacher board and might even gain some self-respect.

Very few people love working. I don’t know anyone who wants a job in which they will be “on their feet” all day. Many of us struggle with anxiety and illness, yet we forge onward. The people I respect take responsibility for their own lives. It’s called growing up. It’s not too late at any age—even 51. I’m in the process of creating a new life for myself—and I’m 68.

I advise you to take the time and energy you put into feeling sorry for yourself and expecting others to take care of you into a job search. Knock on doors if you must. Don’t give up, grow up.
amiga13 is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net