ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What would you like to see changed at the Federal level
View Single Post

TheTrunch

What would you like to see changed at the Federal level
Old 11-13-2019, 05:59 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Long, but I would really love your feedback, please.

I'm retired one year now and it's mind boggling to see what "they" expect from teachers today vs. when I started teaching in 1985.

Honestly, comparing my district's students during my last few years to the students in my first few years ... it seems like the same achievement level. Actually lower in math.

Here in California, the governor has signed into law not allowing suspension for willful defiance. In reality, the schools have been doing that for the past few years anyway. (Ever since the Dear Colleague letters sent out in Pres. Obama's time.)

You know Pres. Bush (Jr.) started that testing with NCLB and teachers were hopeful when Pres. Obama came in, but he doubled down with the Race to the Top.

So, my teachers' association always pushed for salary, but they (and the CTA) always marched Lock Step with the government's testing and discipline and methods. I always felt betrayed that they didn't fight for the children.

Anyway, What would you hope a president would do with all this testing and teaching to the test and No Discipline?

TheTrunch is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net