ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Ocean bulletin board ideas
View Single Post

REB

here's a thought...
Old 06-14-2006, 08:11 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #2

I saw this awesome episode of Extreme Makeover:Home edition last Sunday night, where the design team did (I think it was) the playroom, or maybe one of the bedrooms with an underwater theme...it was supposed to feel like you were in the bottom of the ocean when you turned out the lights in the room. I was thinking, if you knew someone who watched it, maybe they could use some of those ideas, and tell you how to incorporate them into your room? The only thing I can think of right now, is using aluminum foil to create an underwater effect...
maybe someone else who saw it could provide some more insight.

Let me tell you what the room looked like...lots of pillows that looked like a sea horse, and fish. In the ceiling was an aluminum boat, that had slits cut out of the side of it, and it had been anchored pretty strongly to the ceiling, and of course the light fixtures were already attached in the ceiling before they were covered with some kind of metallic looking stuff, and then the boat was anchored up there...when the lights were turned down, there was this cool effect, of the aluminum looking stuff (not sure if it ws fabric or some type fo foil or paper)shining through resembling ripples in the water...the kids loved it...and I even liked it...it looked really neat looking.
(the walls were painted blue as well, to look like water.)

I used the FISH theme last year, because I had completed a FISH workshop, and loved the philosophy...I'm trying to think of ways to use it at my new school...it's a little tricky when you teach music...lol.
Good luck.
REB
REB is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net