ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - What classroom theme are you using?
View Single Post

Meggie11

What classroom theme are you using?
Old 07-20-2010, 11:37 AM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Last year my class and I really enjoyed our classroom theme: KLC- Kids Learning Community (a play on Professional Learning Community). I loved this theme because it really helped to nourish our classroom environment into a place where we all help each other learn. For example, during independent work, the kids could KLC whisper to each other if they needed help or clarification. My group did a great job with this priviledge and it allowed me more time for small-differentiated instruction. We also had a lot of fun with the theme because we played KLC games all the time--- team builders. At the end of the year it was one of their favorite things from fifth grade.

Even though I love the theme, I want to try out a new classroom theme this year. That's the beauty of being a teacher--- trying new things every year.

What classroom theme are you going to do or have you done? I would love to hear any and all ideas--- silly, mature, tied to picture book, inspired by a bulletin board set... ANYTHING!

Thank you!

Meggie11 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net