ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Have to Build Theater Program...HELP! :)
View Single Post

roxstar

Have to Build Theater Program...HELP! :)
Old 07-26-2012, 01:33 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

Hello all! So, I am hoping there are some middle school theater/drama teachers that can lend me a helping hand. I will be teaching a period of drama next year along with my 4 math classes ( I know, sounds weird but it's actually weirder that I teach Math!). Now even though my BA is in theater, I graduated 15 years ago and I just don't know where to begin with these kids. There will be 6, 7 and 8th grade students in the room and only one class a day so there isn't a beginning or advanced class. Also, my kids are mostly ELL. My state has standards, thankfully, but I just don't know where to begin.

If I start with theater history, I think they will fall asleep. Where do all of you start? What units do you plan? I know that I want to teach them about the history of theater, important terms, acting, directing, script writing, critiquing.. but in what order etc. I will really appreciate any help that you can offer.

Last edited by roxstar; 07-26-2012 at 02:34 PM..
roxstar is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net