ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Student engagement
View Single Post

mtteach123

Student engagement
Old 02-04-2017, 05:57 PM

Clip to ScrapBook #1

This is my second year teaching, but my first at this school. I am the Title 1 teacher so I work mostly with small groups of 2-4 students in reading and math. I recently had my second of two formal observations for my evaluation. The first observation, my superintendent observed me teaching a math lesson, and the observation went really well. The most recent observation he observed me teaching a reading lesson, and we both thought the lesson could have been better. The superintendent was concerned with lack of student engagement in the lesson, and that the same two students answered all of the questions, while the other two sat there letting their classmates answer. He suggested that I adopt some active engagement strategies making sure to give students multiple opportunities to respond. He said that he wants to come observe another lesson before the end of February, because he feels with using active engagement strategies the feedback will be more positive. What are some strategies that you use when working with small groups to actively engage students and provide student's with multiple opportunities to respond?

mtteach123 is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net