ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Some musings
Thread: Some musings
View Single Post

T.A.R.D.I.S

Old 03-26-2020, 10:45 AM

I wonder how families with children stuck at home are doing. Are they seeing it as a rare opportunity or as a hardship? Is it getting more difficult or easier as the days pass?
No kids, the families in my neighborhood seem to be doing ok. We have started to put stuffed animals in the windows so the kids can find them when they go walking. I look for them, too. Makes me smile. And tomorrow the houses with kids are going to be doing a door decorating contest.

I wonder how people who live by themselves are coping with the situation. Are they at peace with it or are they climbing the walls?
It's just The Husband and me. He is fortunate enough to still have his job so I'm by myself all day. I'm going a bit stir crazy. I miss being around people. I've been doing a lot of walking, yoga, reading, crocheting, and making medical masks.

I wonder if people who never cooked before are now learning to do so. I wonder if those who already cook are finding new creative recipes with the more limited items on hand.
I love to cook and bake. I've been avoiding baking because I don't want to use all our flour, eggs, milk, etc up for something that isn't essential. But I might break down and make cookies this weekend.

I wonder if people will have lost weight or have gained weight by the time all this is over.
I've actually lost 4 pounds! I've been stressed and anxious and I don't eat much when I'm anxious. Plus all that walking and doing yoga.

I wonder if homes are cleaner or dirtier now.
Mine is as it's always been. I have friends who are decluttering like crazy. I've decided I'll start doing a drawer or cabinet a day.

I wonder if people now appreciate more what others do for them, like the childcare employees, the teachers, the housekeepers, the truck drivers, the store employees, etc., etc., etc.
I have always appreciated the people who do the service job, but even more so now!

T.A.R.D.I.S is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net