ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Some musings
Thread: Some musings
View Single Post

1956BD

Old 03-26-2020, 10:46 AM

My children are grown. It is just my husband and myself.

I am not by myself but my husband is not well so he sleeps a great deal. So I am alone a good part of the day. Proteacher and Facebook help keep me connected with others.

We miss going out to eat and are not doing take out for now. So, I am doing a lot of cooking. The food prep and cooking time is helping to keep me busy.

I am walking daily so hopefully I will not gain weight.

I did let my maid service go for now so I have been doing a little housework each day to keep a clean house. I now appreciate my maid service even more.

I always try and appreciate what others do for me but this health journey and chaos has made that even more evident. I need to tell those people thank you more often.

We have a lifestyle today where we have an expert for everything. We are no longer "jack of all trades" like in pioneer days. Your potty stops working you call a plumber. You house needs painting you call a house painter. You need your windows cleaned or gutter cleared their are experts for that too. You're sick, you go to the doctor. You don't want to cook, you go out to a restaurant.
Our lifestyle is filled with experts and those experts make our lifestyle pretty great.
1956BD is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net