ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Some musings
Thread: Some musings
View Single Post

Gromit

my responses
Old 03-26-2020, 10:57 AM

I wonder how families with children stuck at home are doing. Are they seeing it as a rare opportunity or as a hardship? Is it getting more difficult or easier as the days pass?
I have no kids, but my friends with kids say it's getting easier as they set routines in place and find a new normal.

I wonder how people who live by themselves are coping with the situation. Are they at peace with it or are they climbing the walls?
I have a husband, but he still works every day and is even doing OT, so I'm at home by myself. I was climbing the walls, but now that my friends have figured out Zoom, it's much easier. As long as I have someone to talk to each day, I think I'll be fine.

I wonder if people who never cooked before are now learning to do so. I wonder if those who already cook are finding new creative recipes with the more limited items on hand.

Not cooking anything different yet, and our usual mode of shopping is to buy months' worth of nonperishables at a time. We have a few things we were running low on, but other things we had just stocked up on recently.

I wonder if people will have lost weight or have gained weight by the time all this is over.
I'm a stress non-eater. I'll have lost weight unless this drags on and I stop being stressed about it. I forced myself to eat dinner each day the last few days, and it has helped the stress levels. But I want to stay stressed enough not to snack.

I wonder if homes are cleaner or dirtier now.
Cleaner but more cluttered

I wonder if people now appreciate more what others do for them, like the childcare employees, the teachers, the housekeepers, the truck drivers, the store employees, etc., etc., etc.

I don't feel like I was dismissive of them before, but I have more of an understanding what a razor thin margin so many people/businesses are operating on.
Gromit is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net