ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Some musings
Thread: Some musings
View Single Post

jazzer

Old 03-26-2020, 11:06 AM

wonder how families with children stuck at home are doing. Are they seeing it as a rare opportunity or as a hardship? Is it getting more difficult or easier as the days pass?
Just me and my husband, no kids.

I wonder how people who live by themselves are coping with the situation. Are they at peace with it or are they climbing the walls?
I am grateful to have a husband. He has been a good friend and companion through this and our relationship is getting stronger. I am glad I donít have to go through this alone.

I wonder if people who never cooked before are now learning to do so. I wonder if those who already cook are finding new creative recipes with the more limited items on hand.
I know how to cook, but donít bother. I have myself on a strict diet and mostly eat salads, chicken, and cottage cheese.

I wonder if people will have lost weight or have gained weight by the time all this is over.
I have lost just about 60 pounds within the last 13 months and I am still on the eating and workout plan that I started and continue to gradually lose though it is about time to figure out how to maintain.

I wonder if homes are cleaner or dirtier now.
We finally got all of our stuff moved back into our home and it its place after thinking we were going to move. This was completed a couple of weeks before all of this went down.

I wonder if people now appreciate more what others do for them, like the childcare employees, the teachers, the housekeepers, the truck drivers, the store employees, etc., etc., etc.
I always tried to appreciate what all of those people do. I have worked in other fields before I started teaching and am even more grateful now that I am in a profession that allows me to stay home and. Be safe and not have to worry as much about getting sick.
jazzer is online now   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net