ProTeacher Community - View Single Post - Some musings
Thread: Some musings
View Single Post

PoohBear

Old 03-26-2020, 03:30 PM

I wonder how families with children stuck at home are doing. Are they seeing it as a rare opportunity or as a hardship? Is it getting more difficult or easier as the days pass?
I'm sure it depends on the ages of the children but my DIL is very happy to be working at home with the children (who are upper elem/middle school age) She mentioned that many of her zoom meetings often include small children sitting on laps.

I wonder how people who live by themselves are coping with the situation. Are they at peace with it or are they climbing the walls?
I'm usually out and about quite a lot and this is really different but I'm learning to deal with it. We brought my 93 year old dad to live with us so he wouldn't be totally isolated and it's nice to have him here.

I wonder if people who never cooked before are now learning to do so. I wonder if those who already cook are finding new creative recipes with the more limited items on hand.
I've cooked more days in a row than I have for years! Mostly what I'm learning is that dinner can take many forms.

I wonder if people will have lost weight or have gained weight by the time all this is over.
Definitely gain....too much time in the kitchen

I wonder if homes are cleaner or dirtier now.
About the same, but more organized

I wonder if people now appreciate more what others do for them, like the childcare employees, the teachers, the housekeepers, the truck drivers, the store employees, etc., etc., etc.
I feel like I've always appreciated them but I'll be more aware of how precarious most people's economic situation is.

PoohBear is offline   Reply With Quote

Copyright © ProTeacher®
For individual use only. Do not copy, reproduce or transmit.
source: www.proteacher.net